Last Updated SEPTEMBER 2023
2. The Types of Information That Law Badgers Collects About You and How Law Badgers Collects Information About You
Law Badgers may collect two types of information from you when you visit the website: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information (collectively “Information”).
· “Personal Information” refers to data by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, employer, job title and department, and telephone number.
· “Non-Personal Information” means data that is about you, but does not identify you specifically.
We collect Information:
· From third parties. We obtain information through partners, vendors, suppliers and other third parties. The parties from whom we obtain information are typically corporate enterprises (although some may also be educational or public enterprises) and they may be located in any of the locations in which we do business. These enterprises largely fall into the following categories: Advertising and marketing companies, data set and information vendors, public database providers, social media websites, partners, providers of products or services, hosts or vendors at events or trade shows, research partners, or enterprises that use Law Badgers Services. We take steps to confirm that information we receive from these third parties has been collected with your consent or that these parties are otherwise legally permitted to disclose your Personal Information to us. We might also obtain information through a partner, or co-create datasets with a partner, as part of our business operations. This kind of data is used for work like improving the website and other Law Badgers Services, enhancing existing products and developing new capabilities and features. In some cases we combine Personal Information about individuals that we receive from multiple sources, including directly collected from you or through your use of the website.
3. How Law Badgers Uses Personal Information It Collects About You and the Purposes for the Collection and Use
We use Personal Information that we collect about you or that you provide to us for the following purposes:
· For Business Operations. We use information to operate our business; for example, to perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities. Other business purposes that depend on use of your Personal Information include crime or fraud monitoring and prevention, protecting our legal rights, and performing contractual obligations. We also use Personal Information to contact you to advertise, market and sell Law Badgers Services in accordance with your communications preferences.
· To Communicate. We use contact information to send messages; to provide Law Badgers Services; to respond to customer service requests; to provide alerts such as security updates or changes in our policies or about subscriptions that are ending; and to send marketing or informational materials like newsletters or white papers, in accordance with your communication preferences. We occasionally conduct surveys, or do focused research or studies which may require you to voluntarily share Personal Information in order to participate. These activities typically have additional notices that provide more information about the use of your Personal Information and to which you may be asked to consent.
· For Advertising and Marketing. We may use Personal Information collected from you, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, to enable us to provide personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising and marketing campaigns. You may choose whether to allow or deny uses or sharing of your device’s location by changing your device settings, but if you choose to deny such uses or sharing, we may not be able to provide you with certain personalized Law Badgers Services and content on the website.
· For Statistical Purposes to Improve the website. We may compile website statistics into traffic reports, which help Law Badgers understand, anticipate, and respond to user needs. If we learn, for example, of heightened interest in certain aspects of the Law Badgers website, we are likely to highlight that information on the website home page. This Information helps us create a better overall experience for website users.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see “YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS” below for further information. And in some circumstances we will anonymize your Personal Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
4. How Law Badgers Protects Your Information
Our website is designed to provide reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical and organizational security measures to protect your Personal Information against risks such as temporary or permanent loss, destruction, and unauthorized or unlawful access, alteration, use or disclosure. We require our suppliers and vendors to apply similar protections when they access or use Personal Information that we share with them. Users of the website must also do their part in protecting the data, systems, networks, and service they are utilizing. No technology, data transmission or system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that your password to any Law Badgers account has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting us using the instructions in the “HOW TO CONTACT US” section below.
5. When Law Badgers Shares Your Information
· For Advertising and Marketing. We share your information with our third-party company partners to prepare and deliver advertising and marketing content, to provide content services and to enable them to provide you with more personalized ads and to study the effectiveness of our campaigns.
In particular, we use third-party companies to communicate regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you, in accordance with your preferences. You may receive this content by a variety of means such as email, phone or when you access and use the website or other Law Badgers Services, and other websites. Content may be based on information obtained, for example, through prior purchases or transactions, through your device’s physical location, through information about what advertisements and content you have viewed, or through cookies and similar technologies relating to your access to and use of the website and other websites. Please read our Cookies Policy for more information. You can choose whether to allow or deny uses and/or sharing of your device’s location by changing your device settings, but if you choose to deny such uses or sharing, our partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable website Services and content.
This site is being monitored by one or more third-party monitoring software(s), and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service. You may opt-out from the data that Identitypxl is collecting on your visit through a universal consumer options page located at https://pixel.identitypxl.com
· Sales, Mergers & Acquisitions. We may disclose Personal Information as part of a contemplated or actual corporate transaction such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
· With Your Consent. Law Badgers may disclose your Personal Information to any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure. For information about how to decline our advertising and marketing, please see the section entitled "Your Choices & Rights" below.
We also share non-personally identifiable information, such as anonymized or aggregated information, with suppliers for purposes such as analysis, identifying trends in the areas of our products and to help research and develop new Law Badgers Services.
Law Badgers does not sell any of your Personal Information for monetary compensation.
6. Information From Children
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Information from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected the Personal Information of a child under 16—or the equivalent minimum age depending on the jurisdiction, such as 13 in the United States per the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act—we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. If you are under 16, do not provide any Information about yourself to Law Badgers, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. If you become aware that Information of a child under 16 years of age has been provided, please use one of the methods provided under the “HOW TO CONTACT US” section below.
7. Links to Other Websites and Services
8. Do Not Track
Some browsers incorporate a "Do Not Track" (“DNT”) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Law Badgers respects your rights in how your Personal Information is used and shared. Depending on where you live, you may have rights to request access or corrections to your personal data and make choices about the kinds of marketing materials you receive (or choose not to receive marketing from Law Badgers at all). See below for more information, depending on your location.
Law Badgers PLLC.
5055 N. 12th St., Suite 100, Phoenix, Arizona 85014