What Should You Do After A Vehicle Crash?
There is always a certain amount of chaos following a motor vehicle crash. It can be hard to know what mistakes to avoid after an accident and you could unintentionally make bad choices. At Law Badgers PLLC, our attorneys have a combination of more than 70 years of personal injury experience. Because we know Arizona’s personal injury laws inside and out, we can be aggressive when it comes to protecting our clients’ best interests following any kind of vehicle crash. Talk to us.
Common Errors That Could Reroute Your Healing Process
Here are common mistakes to avoid:
- Not getting a police report – Getting an official record of the accident will be essential for any future action.
- Not seeking immediate medical attention – Sometimes, injured parties fear the high cost of medical care or do not know where to turn for help; this can result in further grievous injury.
- Not getting information from witnesses of the accident – Witnesses may be essential to piece the information together about specific facts of your situation.
- Speaking with insurance representative on the scene of the accident – In certain accidents, especially those involving a commercial truck, insurance reps are rapidly on the scene to protect their insured.
- Speaking with an insurance agent other than to report the accident – Insurance companies are not your friend; it is no secret that insurance companies focus on primarily on minimizing their costs.
- Quickly accepting a settlement offer from an insurance company – The insurance company may attempt to minimize your injuries and future costs by getting you to accept a lump sum payment.
- Not seeking legal counsel – If you think avoiding a lawyer will make your life better, think again. Here are some answers to frequently asked questions.
- Trying to file a personal injury claim on your own – Arizona’s personal injury statutes and case law are complex and continually evolving; you may miss important facets for obtaining optimal compensation for your injuries.
- Waiting too long to file a personal injury claim – You have just two years from the date of your accident to file a claim to seeking compensation for your medical expenses, future health care costs, lost and future wages, and pain and suffering otherwise you will lose your right to seek monetary damages.
- Assuming you were at fault and cannot file a claim for compensation – Under Arizona’s comparative negligence laws, you could receive monetary compensation while partially at fault for your accident injuries.
- Posting on social media – In this day and age of social media, avoid posting photos of you doing lots of activities, because the insurance adjusters may find them on social media and claim that they show you are not as injured as you say you are.
The Best Way To Avoid Mistakes: Seek Legal Counsel Right Away
By speaking with our lawyers at Law Badgers PLLC as soon as possible, we can help you avoid common mistakes that could result in obstacles to your healing after an accident. It will not cost you any money to talk to the voice of reason and experience to get legal advice that could make a significant difference in your life. We invite you to call our office in Phoenix at 480-856-8128 or send us an email to start the process.